The old cemetery chapel of Szentgotthárd, located in a small grove on the left bench of the Rába river in the vicinity of the scythe factory, is still standing. The building is of Baroque origin, today it bears Gothic features and at the time of the Heiligenkreuz and Zirc Abbey it was the burial place of the Cistercians. Its Baroque main altar is the work of Joseph Schnitzer. The chapel was the final resting place of the order since 1756. Matthias Gusner and Kaspar Schrezenmayer, two artists of the abbey, were laid to rest in the crypt. The outer wall of the chapel features the sepulchral monument of a local judge, who died 1806, along with twenty sepulchral monuments of Cistercians from the period 1861-1926.